The public is encouraged to attend tours and interact with U.S. Sailors, Coasties, Marines and the Royal Canadian Navy.
When touring the ships, visitors are encouraged to bring as few items as possible when arriving for their tour and are recommended to wear flat-heeled, closed-toe shoes. High heel shoes are not permitted.
No pre-registration or RSVP is required; visitation to all participating San Francisco Fleet Week vessels is on a first come, first served basis.
All persons visiting the ships 18 years of age and over are required to show a valid state/federal government issued photo identification card.
Tours may not be appropriate for those with certain medical conditions. There are steep ladders (stairways) to climb and uneven surfaces to traverse during a ship tour, and thus, tours may be difficult for parents carrying young children.
Failure to consent to screening and inspection will result in denial of authorization to enter the property.
Valid U.S. Government issued photo I.D. required for EACH person 18 and over (i.e. Driver’s License or passport). Entry without I.D. is prohibited.
Minors (17 and under) must be accompanied by an adult.
No children under the age of 7.
Open-toe shoes are not recommended.
Stroller parking is not available.
All visitors will remain with the tour guide at all times and will not deviate from the dedicated tour route.
Report any suspicious activity immediately to any military or police personnel.
- Illegal drugs and/or paraphernalia, including marijuana
- Smoking, dipping, or chewing gum while onboard USN Ships or within 100FT of watch standers
- Food and drinks, including ice chests and coolers
- Pets (including service animals)
- Glass containers
- Guns, knives, clubs, or weapons of any kind
- Large backpacks, oversized camera bags, or large purses
- Gang-related clothing
- Special consideration will be given to items that accompany small children, handicapped, and/or elderly visitors
- Defensive chemicals or sprays, including mace, pepper spray, and aerosol spray cans
- Fireworks, flammable liquids or other explosives
- Large bags, large purses, including backpacks, and large camera bags.
All personnel are screened and all bags are searched before entering the pier.
THERE ARE NO HOLDING AREAS FOR PERSONAL ITEMS SUCH AS, BICYCLES, BABY STROLLERS, STROLLERS, SCOOTERS, PETS etc.
Due to security reasons, all such items will not be permitted to remain on or near the pier areas.
For security reasons, all such items will be removed from the pier and may be searched or otherwise disposed of.