Friday October 7, 2022
Saturday October 8, 2022
Sunday October 9, 2022
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
The Marina Green
Did you know that military and civilian agencies have disaster response plans for events like a possible earthquake in San Francisco?
Come to the Humanitarian Assistance Village (HAV), an open-air exhibition, and learn about:
- behind-the-scenes disaster planning exercises during Fleet Week.
- how to prepare for disasters.
- military and civilian medical, rescue and logistics teams who are prepared to help San Franciscans.
Explore how you can serve the community and nation through careers with the Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard, Army, law enforcement and civilian agencies.
Just some of the exhibits...
- Rescue Navy SEALS under fire in the Nimitz Virtual Reality Experience.
- Play tic-tack-toe with Navy EOD divers who demonstrate their skills in the Dive Tank.
California National Guard
- Meet operators of a California State Guard Maritime vessel who conduct search and rescue missions.
- Meet Army Reserve citizen-doctors, nurses and medics of the 352nd Combat Support Hospital, ready to deploy on humanitarian missions.
- Step inside a DTOS Emergency Vehicle to observe the control room for emergency communications.
American Red Cross
- Watch a demo by the Disaster Health Services Team on CPR and “Stop the Bleed” techniques.
California Office of Emergency Services
- Sit through a 7.0 simulated earthquake in The Shake Shack and learn how to respond.
San Francisco Department of Emergency Management
- Learn how the DEM manages and prepares for everyday and not-so-everyday emergencies.
San Francisco Fire Department
- Join The Neighborhood Emergency Response Team (NERT) and help prepare your community.
Veteran Service Organizations
- Talk to the VFW and other VSOs about Veteran support and community service opportunities.