FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
San Francisco Fleet Week 2015
Snapchat and Periscope @FleetWeekSF
#FleetWeekSF #WeAreFleetWeek #SelfieWithASailor
Palo Alto VA Hospital Visit
- Description: Service members will visit veterans and patients at the Palo Alto VA to thank them for their service and tour the facilities. Interview opportunities with active-duty service members and patients will be offered.
- Location: 3801 Miranda Avenue Palo Alto, CA 94304-1290.
- Media should arrive at 7:45 a.m., meet at the front doors of the hospital adjacent to the eagle statue.
- Tour Time: 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Contacts: Damian McGee, email@example.com, or 650-823-6631 or Garth Langley, 650-787-5972, firstname.lastname@example.org
MV-22 Osprey Helicopter Demonstration/ Capabilities Exercise
- Description: Military aviation demonstration and capabilities exercise to showcase how the U.S. Marines and civilian agencies could work together in the event of a major disaster. Crews will conduct loading/ unloading drills. Flight operations will take place from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Location: Moffett Federal Airfield. Media should meet at the main gate.
- Arrival Time: Media should arrive at 9:30 a.m. and meet at the Moffett Federal Airfield Main Gate.
Timeline of Events:
- 9:30 a.m. – Media arrive at gate
- 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.– Load-on/ load off training with Urban Search and Rescue Team
- 09:00 a.m. – Static display teams arrive
- 12:00 p.m. – Static displays in place
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Lunch for pilots and US&R team
- 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – MV-22 flight operations
- Contacts: 1stLt Roderick Bersamina, roderick.b.bersamina.mil@mail.
mil, 650-603-9152, Capt. Agustin Solivan 717-433-5053, email@example.com,
Veterans Hiring Summit
- Location: Marines Memorial Club, 600 Sutter St. San Francisco, Calif. 94102
- Media availability 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Workshops: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Career Expo: 1:00pm to 5:00 p.m.
- Contact: Garth Langley, 650-787-5972, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Lieutenant Russ Wolfkiel 619-572-9456, email@example.com
Description: The San Francisco Fleet Week Association in partnership with Military.com and Vets In Tech, will be hosting a Veterans Summit at the Marines Memorial Club, 609 Sutter St, San Francisco, on Tuesday, Oct. 6, 2015.
“Military.com is proud to support the San Francisco Fleet Week Association’s Veteran Employment Summit. The event will give Bay Area employers the opportunity to learn how veteran hiring programs have helped companies of all sizes successfully recruit and retain veteran talent. In addition, local employers will get to meet one-on-one with veterans and servicemembers to see their great potential, firsthand,” said Terry Howell, Military.com.
The event will offer two separate opportunities for Veterans and transitioning military members.
All participants will be invited to attend a networking lunch with HR personnel and corporate recruiters following the classroom sessions.
Three separate workshops will be offered:
– Resume Workshop. Participants will be briefed on resume basics, how to put together a working resume, what it should/should not include, how to communicate your skill set on paper. Instructor: Brandon Macias from LinkedIn
– Interview Skills and “Secrets from the Inside”. An interactive class where participants will review interview basics, and learn some insider tips from a former hiring manager on how to nail the interview. Instructor: Chris Galy from Auction.net
– Networking and Entrepreneurship. Starting your own business, creating a business plan, finding investors, how you bring your vision to life and what to realistically expect. Plus advice on how to build your network of contacts, connecting, building, and using this network to move forward. Instructor: Tom Anderson, J.D.
A career fair, open to all, will follow the networking lunch.