Throughout Fleet Week, thousands of visitors climb aboard amphibious carriers, destroyers and cruisers docked at the Embarcadero to get a glimpse into the day-to-day lives of the sailors serving in the U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard and Canadian Navy.
Check back for ship names, as well as tour procedures and times.
Pier 80 Fleet Fest
Four ships from the United States Navy and Coast Guard will be tied up pier-side, bringing over 500 sailors and Coasties to the Dogpatch neighborhood’s waterfront. The San Francisco Fleet Week Off the Grid Fleet Fest is a welcoming environment for both the visiting service members and the public to enjoy the San Francisco food truck culture while enjoying music, art and military displays. An enjoyable way to visit the ships and to celebrate our men and women who serve their country. Join us in creating a warm welcome to San Francisco.
All ship tours are free of charge
Conduct During Shipboard Tours
The public is encouraged to attend tours and interact with Sailors.
When touring the ships, visitors are encouraged to bring as few items as possible when arriving for their tour and are recommended to wear flat-heeled, closed-toe shoes.
Prohibited items on board include:
- Weapons, including knives, firearms and club weapons
- Defensive chemicals or sprays, including mace and pepper spray; spray cans of any type
- Fireworks, flammable liquids or other explosives
- Illegal drugs and/or drug-related paraphernalia
- Large bags, including backpacks, diaper bags and large camera bags (small camera bags and small handbags may be permitted, but will be subject to search)